"Enter His gates with Thanksgiving, and His courts with praise"
Worship is the heart of our life together at First Church. Every Sunday morning we gather to glorify and give
thanks to God. We proclaim the gospel through word and music, sermon, sacrament, song and prayer. We
respond to God's redemptive action in Jesus Christ by faithful living and service to our community and the world.
Children are always welcome in worship. Many of the children
attend the first part of the worship service with their parents and are invited to come to the front of the church
to join in a children's meditation and prayer before leaving for church school. Child care is provided for the
youngest of the children.
The sacrament of Holy Communion is celebrated at morning worship
service on the first Sunday of each month. Holy Communion is also celebrated on special days throughout the
year. All Christian believers and their baptized children are welcome at the Lord's table.
The sacrament of Baptism is administered during morning worship
for both infants and adults by arrangement with the pastor and the Session.
Music is an important part of our worship. The service begins with an organ prelude and choral introit.
The choir sings anthems ranging from motets and chorales to music of the 21st century. The congregation sings with
enthusiasm the great hymns of the church. As we experiment with
alternative forms of worship, guitar, flute, clarinet, and saxophone
presentations are providing variations to our music. A
recently installed Audio-Visual system supplements our music and
empowers worship services.
If you're looking for a place to worship where you'll find a welcoming
spirit, glorious music and lively and thoughtful sermons, we hope you'll attend services at First Church.
Schedule of Services
- Worship service at First Church is every Sunday at 10:30 AM.
- Children's Church starts at 10:50 AM after they attend the
beginning of the Worship Service with their parents.
- Fellowship and coffee hour is held immediately following worship
- Brunch is served on the first Sunday of the month, immediately
The church is wheelchair accessible.
Nursery Care is available during worship.
Special Evening Worship and Music Celebrations
- Ash Wednesday Service - 7:00 PM
- Maundy Thursday Communion - Thursday before Easter - 7:00 PM
- Easter Sunday Holy Communion Celebration - 10:30 AM
- Christmas Choir Service - Sunday before Christmas - 4:00 PM
- Christmas Eve Candlelight Service - 7:00 PM